Improving Life, one fold at a time…
We are a registered Community Interest Company dedicated exclusively to the art and science of Origami. We are a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic team who advocate passionately the mental health benefits of the practice of Origami. We decided to set up the company based on our own personal experiences of how folding paper drastically improved our mental health during difficult times.
Our work is more relevant than ever during these times of COVID-19. We demonstrate using any piece of paper, such as A4 to keep accessible with resources, films and workshops. Offering Origami during this time brings community with a practical tool to hep lift mood and bring much needed comfort and joy.
Our vision is a world where Origami is routinely used as a catalyst for both mental and physical health recovery, well-being and promotion of community spirit.
Sustainability, social inclusion, environmentally friendly products, financially ethical.
- Inclusive, welcoming people from all social groups, particularly minorities and the vulnerable.
- Sustainable through commissions and workshops.
- Environmentally friendly by sourcing and using recycled materials.
- To be financially ethical by using reinvestment policies, whereby surplus profits go back to the business for buying materials and running subsidised workshops.
- To provide subsidised, bespoke workshops across the UK introducing the Art and Science of Origami to vulnerable people during this time of isolation.
- To apply for funding to deliver free workshops remotely in collaboration with charities and disadvantaged groups to help foster community.
- Collate resources and create designs to encourage people of all ages to pick up paper and try their hand at Origami.
“felt very excited and inspired” — patient